1882-CC Morgan Silver Dollar BU (GSA)
1882-CC Morgan Silver Dollar:
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Comes in an original GSA holder with a certificate of authenticity.
- This issue is in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap with the word “Liberty” on her hair band, bordered by “E Pluribus Unum,” the date of issue and thirteen small stars representing the original colonies.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch and a bundle of arrows, surrounded by “United States of America,” “One Dollar,” and “In God We Trust”.
- Features the Carson City Mint’s “CC” mintmark.
Morgan Dollars were minted from 1878 until 1921 by the United States Mint. They contain 90% (0.900) silver and weigh 0.859 troy ounces (26.73 grams), therefore, giving them a total of 0.773 troy ounces (24.057 grams) of silver. The minting of Morgan Dollars was halted in 1904 due to lack of interest and difficulties with obtaining the necessary silver. Production resumed in 1921 and continued until the production of the Peace Dollar began midway through the year.